Sunday, November 14, 2010

Family: Isn't It About Time?

Yes, indeed it is about time for Cole and I! We are so excited to announce that we will be having a baby in May! And it is ABOUT TIME we started this family, right?! Many of you may have already heard but we wanted to make the official blog post and to give the full story to those who may not have heard it.

Nicole and I moved to Milwaukee the first week of August. Nicole started work again for Ernst & Young in the Milwaukee office and I started medical school at MCW. After a few weeks Nicole started having the "feeling" that she might be pregnant so we made the long drive to Target to pick up a few tests before making the even longer drive home! When we got home she took the test and put it on the bathroom sink for the required 3 minutes. She went in first to look at it before I came in after her. She tried very hard to hide her expressions but I knew right away what it said!

Pregnancy Test

We were so excited for this news! After a few weeks Nicole made her first appointment with the doctor and we got our ultrasound pictures which were so amazing! I never really thought ultrasound pictures were anything too great to look at but it is way different when it is your kid that you are looking at! This was one of our favorites that they took at 11 weeks (4 weeks ago).

11 Week Ultrasound

And of course I made Nicole pose for a pregnancy picture this morning. There really hasn't been much to show up until the last few days. Nicole is just over 15 weeks along today! She wanted to keep her cardigan on but I told her that would not work for a belly shot so she had to hold it back. She looks great!

15 Week Pregnancy Photo

9 comments:

Colby said...

Looking good there, Wife!

Brady and Richelle said...

You're so tiny!!!!! You look great! I've been wanting to tell you guys congrats for a couple weeks now because your mama told me the news, but I didn't want to spoil it! Congrats you guys thats so cool!!!

Cade and Kelsie said...

Congrats! Being a parent is wonderful!

Unknown said...

I couldn't think of any better parents for this little baby to have than you two. We are so happy for you and I cannot wait to see Cole's baby belly to continue to grow and to meet the little one sometime.

Natalie said...

Congrats! We had our first kid the first year of dental school. Kids are so fun!

Jayson & Chelsey said...

Congratulations!!! You will love being parents... Its one of the best things ever!!!

Jeana said...

Congrats! So excited for you two! Can't wait to meet the little one. Wish you were in town for our annual Christmas party.

Kasey said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! I am SO excited for you both! Nicole I have NO doubts that you will be a wonderful mommy! Congratulations!! Love you!

sheena said...

Awwww! I'm so excited for you guys! Congratulations, and keep us updated!