Friday, August 15, 2008

August 15, 2008 The Wedding


This day was definitely one of the best days of my life. We always hear that saying about marrying the right person, in the right place, at the right time. I think I really got it right! Being married to Colb in the Salt Lake Temple has been the best decision I ever made!

Colb shared something with me the other day from Truman G. Madsen's book called The Temple that I hadn't ever really thought about. It says, "When the question is raised, 'Why be married in the temple? Why not just elope?' we often say, 'Because only temple marriages are forever.' But that puts all the emphasis on extent and duration. It says nothing of the quality and power and intensity of love which can alone justify such duration. So let us rather say: 'Because only in the temple are you placed in covenant-harmony with divine power which will eventually so infuse and fuse your love that it will be worth perpetuating forever.'" I really like this thought and already agree with it after only being married for a short time.

Our sealing wasn't until 4:20 in the afternoon so it was a really relaxed day. I felt like I was walking on clouds all day long and couldn't keep the huge grin off my face. Even though it was August, the weather was perfect and it couldn't have been a better day. We had more pictures and then a dinner with our family and friends.

The day was absolutely perfect and the best part was that I was now sealed to my best friend! I am so happy and think married life is the best thing ever!

1 comment:

Brady and Richelle said...

you two make a gorgeous couple! i'm really excited that you two are enjoying married life. next time you guys are in town be sure to get a hold of us!!!

Richelle