Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Graduation Weekend

I realized time was passing and I hadn’t posted anything about our graduation weekend. The last weekend in May we drove to Roosevelt for Tim’s (Colb’s brother) graduation from Union High School. Tim was the salutatorian and did a fantastic job speaking. Of course, he even made me tear up a bit. It was really fun because my cousins, Kamille and Veronika, were also graduating. We are so proud of all of them! Tim is getting ready to turn in his mission papers, Kamille starts college at BYU in the fall, and Veronika moved back to Germany. I can’t believe how fast we are all growing up!

Colby, Tim, and Nicole


Nicole, Kamille, Mom, and Mitch



Veronika and Tim


We woke up very early on Saturday and drove back to Salt Lake for Colb’s graduation from Westminster which was that afternoon. Colb graduated from Westminster College with a bachelor’s degree in chemistry and minors in math, physics, and biology. Of course, he is amazing, extremely intelligent, and I am really proud of him. There was a graduation brunch that morning that we went to with Nelson and Trudy and then we all celebrated afterwards at Little America for dinner.

It was a great weekend full of family and celebration. Good job graduates!


Colby

Colby and Nicole with the Griffin (a.k.a. The Peep)

Colby and Nicole at Westminster

2 comments:

Colby said...

Hooray for the Peep! I guess I will comment on our own blog and say that Nicole is the best wife ever!

Alison said...

Congrats to both of you. I say this because as a wife, I know that graduating from college is an accomplishment for the husband and wife. I was so happy when Layne graduated too.
Now you two can continue your journey! We are so happy for you Colb! What are your future plans now that you're done?